Senior Computer Moments:
Comprehensive remote computer training. Covering all aspects of technology, we offer support and training services – including Windows PCs and laptops, Apple Macs, Tablets, Phones, Office Applications.
Delivered online anywhere and in-person on Sanday and Orkney from August 2021.
We work with you to decide what you need, and set up the course accordingly.
Some of our courses…
A sample of our courses are listed below, but we can modify any or create new ones depending on what you need. For more information on any of these, please click the button below or call 07788 181419 or email: email@example.com
Keeping in contact
Learn how to use Skype and/ or Zoom to keep touch with friends and family. We guide you through setup and installation, initiating your first meeting, inviting others etc. In fact, everything you need to know to get going.
Most of us have hundreds of photos on our phones and/ or laptops and tablets. Keeping them organised can be a headache and often transferring them from your phone to your laptop can also be a challenge. We can help to guide you through the process of getting and keeping them organised, whether you use an Android or Apple phone, or Apple or Windows PC.
The aim is to enable the participants to become confident in their use of the main features of Word. They should then be able to produce well formatted documents, pamphlets, fliers etc, save them in the appropriate format ready for printing and/ or emailing.
By the end of the course, participants should feel comfortable with MS Excel and be able to create new spreadsheets or to take on an existing spreadsheet and quickly understand how it works and how to work with it.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to prepare and present a professional and compelling presentation along with handouts, notes and email copy.
The aim is to enable the participants to become confident in their use of the main features of Word. They should then be able to produce well-formatted documents, pamphlets, fliers etc, save them in the appropriate format ready for printing and/ or emailing.
- Creating, editing, and saving a document
- Manipulating text: copy, cut and paste
- Formatting text and paragraphs, margins, and pages
- Working with tables, columns, and other formatting features
- Graphics, inserting images, charts, and text flow
- Document templates
- Mail merge, macros, document versioning, and proofing tools
By the end of the course, participants should feel comfortable with MS Excel and be able to create new spreadsheets or to take on an existing spreadsheet and quickly understand how it works and how to update or amend it.
We cover all levels from complete beginner through to more advanced users.
- Entering, editing and formating data and content
- How to create formulas
- How to insert functions such as SUM, MIN and MAX
- Sorting and filtering data
- How to create and format charts
- How to work with multiple worksheets
- Linking data from between worksheets and other documents
- Printing from MS Excel, print ranges etc.
Creating a stylish PowerPoint presentation that conveys the desired message is the aim with our PowerPoint courses.
We can cover all aspects from the actual creation, creating notes and handout pages through to animations and including video if required.
- Planning the presentation, content and telling the story
- Basics of Powerpoint, views and options for reviewing
- Formatting and organising Powerpoint slides
- Working with graphics, tables and charts
- Adding multi-media and text or image animations
- Integrating with other Microsoft Office files
- Producing handouts and notes
- Presenting the completed presentation