Microsoft Office Applications Training
Below are details of the specific Microsoft Office courses that we currently offer. Each course is designed around your needs, but the basic subjects covered are listed below. We can add specifics or focus on a particular area if required. Both Office on Windows and Office for Mac courses are available. Each session would typically last around 2 hours (plus a break in the middle) since experience has shown that this is a good balance; being able to cover the topic whilst maintaining attention and concentration. Written notes are provided and email follow up is included.
Courses can be delivered in your office or our offices in Shaftesbury or the Exchange in Sturminster Newton, or if you have a specific venue in mind (e.g. Blandford) we can be flexible.
Course outlines are below, but if you require further information or would like to discus your requirements please click here.
For businesses with multiple attendess and maybe multiple dates, please contact us for a quote, call 01258 870053 or 01747 450078 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Office Word
The aim is to enable the participants to become confident in their use of the main features of Word. They should then be able to produce well formatted documents, pamphlets, fliers etc, save them in the appropriate format ready for printing and/ or emailing.
- Creating, editing, and saving a document
- Manipulating text: copy, cut and paste
- Formatting text and paragraphs, margins, and pages
- Working with tables, columns, and other formatting features
- Graphics, inserting images, charts, and text flow
- Document templates
- Mail merge, macros, document versioning, and proofing tools
Microsoft Office Excel
By the end of the course participants should feel comfortable with MS Excel and be able to create new spreadsheets or to take on an existing spreadsheet and quickly understand how it works and how to work with it.
- Entering, editing and formating data and content
- How to create formulas
- How to insert functions such as SUM, MIN and MAX
- Sorting and filtering data
- How to create and format charts
- How to work with multiple worksheets
- Linking data from between worksheets and other documents
- Printing from MS Excel, print ranges etc.
By the end of the course participants should be able to prepare and present a professional and complelling presentation along with handouts, notes and email copy.
- Planning the presentation, content and telling the story
- Basics of Powerpoint, views and options for reviewing
- Formatting and organising Powerpoint slides
- Working with graphics, tables and charts
- Adding multi-media and text or image animations
- Integrating with other Microsoft Office files
- Producing handouts and notes
- Presenting the completed presentation
To see the schedule of courses and to book a place, click here.